When I logged in to my email, I thought it would be just another ordinary day, but no, a surprise awaited me in the form of the Liebster award. Now, where have I heard that before? Oh yeah , in a lot of places that I can’t mention one. 😉
It’s thanks to Aadi who thought I would appreciate the award. Thanks, a lot buddy. You thought right!
If I have to start thanking people who have encouraged me, I will have to create a long list. To make it short I’ll thank each and everyone reading this now, because they are the folks who read my posts every time I publish one. Just knowing that they spent their minutes on my writing is the biggest encouragement I could get. Also my brother, who really believed that I am a decent blogger. Thanks bro!
For those who look to know what Liebster is, here’s how it works.
Thank the Liebster Award presenter who nominated you and link back to his or her blog.
Post 11 facts about yourself, answering the 11 questions you were asked and create 11 questions for your nominees.
Nominate small (no more than 200 followers) blogs who you feel deserved to be noticed and leave a comment on their blog letting them know that they have been chosen.
Display the Liebster Award logo.
No tag-backs, meaning you can’t just re-nominate the person who nominated you.
Those are the rules, now for the factual part. Here are eleven random facts (?) about myself.
- I hate the colour pink.
- I like the salty spray of the sea waves on my face.
- I like travelling adventures.
- I love my mother’s way of cooking mutton.
- I can spend a lot of time doing absolutely nothing.
- I’m addicted to freshly brewed coffee.
- I dream of being a novelist.
- I’ve tried hard, and failed many times, to write poetry.
- I don’t like romantic movies or novels. I avoid them if I can.
- I find it really difficult to orally express my feelings.
- I fancy photography.
My answers for Aadi’s questions.
1. What do your friends and family think about your blog?
My mother and brother give me objective criticism that has helped me loads. My father reads my blog whenever he gets time and is the first person to rate my post with five stars. They’re encouraging and supportive.
As for my friends, there are only few who click on links and they mostly are the ones who come back for every post, encouraging me.
2. If you must tell someone your secret – a scary embarrassing secret – who would that someone be?
3. What makes you laugh your head out?
My friends and certain books. Of late, Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality (I haven’t finished it, yet it’s funny (particularly to Harry Potter fans))
4. If you could change three things about yourself – be it physically or mentally or anything – what would it be?
Nothing; if I change anything, I wouldn’t be me.
5. What are your “philosophies” that you strictly adhere (or at least try) to? (Eg. I must not tell a lie, I must not cheat etc)
- I never cheat in any examination. ( I never thought it worth the trouble (but, it can also be said that I never had the guts))
- I never have SMS conversations; I prefer voice.
- I try not to make judgments based on first impression. I believe they can change.
6. Name three films or three books (or both) that changed your life.
Paulo Coelho’s ‘The Alchemist’
Mitch Albom’s ‘Tuesdays with Morrie’
Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul – Letters
7. Name three films (or books) that you despise.
This is really tough. I choose books and movies selectively, but I do hate exaggerated love stories.
8. What Myer-Brigg type are you? Take the test here.
ISFP – Stands for Introvert, Sensing, Feeling, Perceiving.
9. Do you think that the type that you got above actually describes you?
Yes. It does describe me quite well. Thanks for that!
10. Name three of your favorite authors and three favorite directors.
Authors – J. K. Rowling, Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Agatha Christy. I don’t have favourite film directors.
11. Inevitable question : Why do you blog? What got you into it? And how’s the experience?
I blog because there are certain things that I cannot say effectively. Instead, I write them, to make a lasting impact. I write things I can’t keep in my head. I write because I like experimenting on the power of words. I blog because I have to.
Experience? I love it. Makes me feel important, like I am giving something to myself and others.
Now, my turn. Here are the questions for my nominees.
- How would you describe yourself?
- Who introduced you to the blogosphere?
- If you have one, what is your publishing pattern? (e.g. a post a day or a post a week)
- In which part of the day are you comfortable writing? (e.g. afternoon, mid-morning)
- Name three of your favourite books.
- What are your hobbies?
- From where do you draw your inspirations?
- What kind of music do you often listen to?
- What is the main purpose of your blog?
- What’s your favourite cuisine?
- What were your last year’s resolutions? Did you adhere to them?
Here are the bloggers whose blogs I enjoy, and nominate.
- Gitanjali – Poetry Espresso
- Nithya Grace – Well! It’s all Mine…
- Ana Jain – Pretty Pink Pebbles
- Pamela Satpathy – Resonner
- Haiku For You
P.S: I was nominated a long time back. But I am accepting it only now. I don’t know if I can do that, please let me know if I can’t.