It’s thanks to Mia, who’s nominated me for the “One Lovely Blog Award.” And I can’t say how surprised I was when I saw that. It lifted my mood.
Things have been going downhill for a while and nothing seemed right. And when you’re sulking around, it’s a pleasure to have something like this happen to you. But I assume news like this, is great to anyone, anytime.
So, without further ranting, the rules of this award:
– Thank the person who nominated you for the award — Check
– Display the One Lovely Blog Award on your blog — Check
– Share 7 things about yourself — Uh oh, this is not my area.
– Nominate 15 bloggers you admire and let them know by commenting on their blog — 15, huh? What do you say we bend the rules? They’re more like guidelines anyway. (Yup. Pirate.)
- I believe my About page should give you a better understanding about myself than this post ever will.
- I’m currently re-reading Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, for the 7th time. It’s an all-time favourite.
- I own more books than I can read.
- Of late, I’ve taken a sudden craving for fruits. Apples and pears in particular. And this comes from someone who used to hate fruits of any kind.
- I write a lot of my blog posts when I’m supposed to be working. Like for instance, now.
- I love coffee. I’m adventurous about trying out anything that’s coffee flavoured. Hot, cold, cake, chocolate, espresso, sugarless – everything.
- I can whistle tunes quite well. (I can’t believe I’ve never mentioned it here before! Thanks again Mia, for giving me a reason to remember it!)
*Bonus: I’m not a fan of hearts, and so I’ve used a non-heart image of the One Lovely Blog Award.
- Sam, over at Sammi Talk – It’s been long since I’ve met someone younger than myself impressing me as much as Sam did. She wants to be published before she turns 18. Well, what can I say? All the best!
- Louise, over at Life in Poetry – Beautiful. No easier way to say it. Sometimes the best of things are shortly said. Enough said.
- Lewis, over at Gosketching – This is the first fully sketching blog I’m following, and I don’t sketch. Lewis’s work impressed me so much that I wanted them in my inbox regularly.
- Aadi, over at Snapshots – A beautiful photo blog from an equally good writer. Keep ’em coming Aadi. I’m looking forward for more.
- Mohsin, over at Vivid Perceptions – He’s a versatile blogger. He publishes essays, random observations, photos and of course, great poetry.
- Liz, over at Verbal Dreaming – Another of those blogs that attracted me because of the name. But it’s just not that; she works words in a unique and enjoyable way.
- Alex, over at Cherchez La Lumière – What happens when you meet someone who’s living the life you adore? You follow. Alex travels, photographs and posts them for your pleasure, and a little bit of envy.
- Cecilia, over at Fantasy Transcendent – A highly relatable blogger. Her poems gently knock at your memories, making you shout out,”me too!” Also, she has a queer set of characters for her short stories. Always a pleasure to read.
- Stuart, over at Story Shucker – I’ve enjoyed Stuart’s stories for a long time. He’s got a large readership, so he might get a lot of nominations like this but I wanted to share this with him as well. Thanks for all those great stories, Stuart.